Rollercoaster Day

Yesterday was exhausting.
The calls for the CreativExpress DT went out... it was the first major DT I had submitted for, and I was surprised at how much it hurt when I didn't get called. I have set groud rules for my submissions.

1. I will not do a page for a specific call. If it doesn't get picked up, I have too much invested in it, and my feelings get too hurt.
2. When I make a page I'm proud of, I check the current calls and see if anything fits. If it does, great! If it doesn't, I make a mental note and will keep looking.

But anyway, I still really wanted this and was disappointed not to get a call.

So I get home from work and find a box of goodies from my Secret Sister! She somehow, through psychic powers or something, managed to buy me 33 sheets of paper I didn't already own and a bunch of embellies I didn't have either! Not bad for a girl who has never met me IRL or seen my stash!

So I'm home from work and just spent a few minutes revelling in my new goodies. I head upstairs to the computer to check in on the Grump boards... I had also submitted for the DT there (a new endeavor) and was hoping for a call.

Sure enough, I got it! So while I didn't get one, I did get the other, so they pretty much cancel each other out. Add in my SS box, and yesterday ended up being a pretty darn good day!