I'm torn.
As I move more into blogging, and as I prepare to move over to Wordpress, I'm presented with a bit of a problem, and a decision must be made.
It's my name.
I've used "Libis" or some variation of it, for as long as I've been online (way back in the mid-1990s. Seriously.) It's what my sister has always called me (Well, that and "Bibis") because she couldn't say "Elizabeth" when she was 2, and that's what my parents called me until I was old enough to choose Liz instead (And then Lizz, but that's a whole 'nother post!)
Libis has been with me for a long time, and now I'm thinking about leaving her behind. I have met some incredible friends under the guise of this name, befriended some amazing women. But I've also had some of my absolute darkest days, gotten some of my harshest criticism.
From a branding and self-marketing standpoint, it makes more sense for me to have my blog (www.amiafunnygirl.com) and Twitter handle match, or at least coordinate. As it is now, @libismorgan, it matches my current blog, but once I move to WordPress, every URL will be under my own domain, my own hosting. In short, I'm taking control of my blog. There are a couple of variations that go with my blog name, that are available as I write this, but I can't bring myself to click the button.
I'm kind of proud that I've kept the name as long as I have; when I got caught up in some drama last year, I kept it. I didn't run and hide, or try to eliminate evidence of Libis, I just removed myself from that situation and moved on with my life... knowing that *I* know I'm a good person, and that misunderstandings and a lack of the big picture can't take that away from me.
It didn't even occur to me that this would be hard; leaving it from my blog URL is easy; I'm so thrilled to have my own domain, to be moving to the next big thing for my blog, that it's a non-issue. But my Twitter handle? I have a group of friends now, who know me as @libismorgan, and I think part of me worries they'll lose track of me if I change my identity.
Sigh.
So, what do you think? Should I get over myself and move on, or is there a good enough reason to keep Libis alive?