Little Actions Add Up!



The following is a post sponsored by Yahoo! Every time someone clicks here to make Yahoo! their homepage, they're showing their support for Girls For A Change.

I was selected for this opportunity by Clever Girls Collective, which endorses Blog With Integrity, as I do.

*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*--*

I grew up a Girl Scout; from first grade (these were the days before the Daisy program!) until I graduated from high school, I was in Scouts. From Brownies to Juniors to Cadettes to Seniors... I made lifelong friendships, and picked up a few useful life skills along the way, how to change a tire and make excellent chocolate ganache are just two examples!

If Girls for Change had been around when I was in school, I can totally see this being an organization I'd have been a part of. GFC connects teenaged girls with adult female coaches, and then (here's the good part!) they change the world they live in!


Good stuff, right?

These teams find an issue that needs to be addressed, and work together to create and implement a solution. These girls are taking on some serious stuff; child abuse, peer pressure, bullying, self image, to name a few.

Peter Burnett Middle School, near me in San Jose, took on "Leaving a Mark on Peer Pressure" as their project last school year. These girls have seen the negative effects of peer pressure from the lack of people standing up for what they believe in. In order to prevent others from giving in to peer pressure and pressuring others they created bookmarks to hand out on campus. The design included messages of encouragement to stand up for what you believe in and to be an individual in order to "leave a mark" on peer pressure. From GFC website

The Clever Girls Collective and Yahoo! have come together to create an amazing opportunity for GFC, but we need your help – Yahoo! will donate $10, up to $10,000 for every person who changes their homepage to Yahoo! before July 1. We need to find 1,000 people, so you can get us one step closer. It's so easy... just click this link, and they'll provide all of the instructions you need. That's it.

So please, can you help get this generous donation of $10,000 to this incredible organization? Together, with just one little action, we can do great things!