March for Babies 2011

April, 2008

March, 2011
If you read this blog, you probably know that Max was born early. Way early.
If you live on this planet, you probably know that the March of Dimes does amazing work to help babies who are born Way Early.

One of their big fundraisers every year is the March for Babies, a walk-a-thon that happens all across the country. We celebrated Max's birthday at the walk last year, where Team Preemie Schmeemie raised over $1500!

Things are a little different this year around our house, and we unfortunately won't be able to participate like we have for the previous two years. That doesn't mean that I'm not asking you for sponsorship though! :)

Meet Jenny.

Jenny's TRIPLETS were born at 28 weeks, back in November. They were gestationally within days of Max's birth age, so ever since I first "met" her on Twitter, I've felt a connection of sorts with her. (Mostly "OMG! She's doing it TIMES THREE! She's a superwoman!)
The kiddos were released in January, and I've loved reading her updates since then, remembering my own first days with Max, and celebrating her triumphs (TIMES THREE!) with her amazing preemies.

She's totally going to think I'm a creepy stalker now, since we've never really interacted before! LOL

If you'd like to sponsor them, please click on: Team Peanut Butter Jelly Time. (That's what the triplets were called in utero)

Or, meet Kayla Aimee

I actually first met KA on a scrapbooking message board a couple of years ago (RIP, SISTv) and was, as always, thrilled to hear of her pregnancy. When word came onto the board that she'd been hospitalized and that her baby girl, Scarlette, might be born any moment, months ahead of schedule, my heart broke, again. This is a club in which we want no more members, this NICU mama club.

As I write this, Scarlette is still in the hospital, although it looks like she'll be coming home this week! (Chills! Exciting!) It's been a long 100+ days for Jeff and KA, and if you're so moved, please do sponsor Team Scarlette!

If you can't or don't want to sponsor them, please consider walking yourself! There are walks all over the country, so there's bound to be one near you!

Thank you for reading, and thank you for helping more babies like Max, Callista, Tobias, Eleanor and Scarlette.