List the foods you'd want served at your last meal.
In no particular order, meaning don't give me hard time if dessert shows up before the entrée (Mom)!
- Ham. But it's not about the ham. Ham is just the preferred vehicle with which I get Grammy Faith's mustard sauce into my gut. It's warm, creamy, mustard-y deliciousness, and it wouldn't be a holiday dinner in my family without it! It's our only true "family recipe" and it's one of my most favorite things.
- Tiramisu. I just love it, and what's not to love? I don't want some excessively dolled-up deep fried strawberry tiramisu or anything, I just want it the way it's supposed to be. Moist and creamy and dessert perfection.
- Massimo's Waldorf Salad When I lived within walking distance of the restaurant, I would walk down a couple times a week for this amazing salad. I'd sit at the bar and flirt with the bartender while shoveling this amazing salad in my face. Butter lettuce (Which I don't normally like), grapes, candied walnuts, crumbled Stilton blue cheese, grilled chicken and golden raisins, all tossed in a creamy terragon vinaigrette. Yum.
- Eggs Benedict with modifications. I think I embarass Jamie when I order this in public. I order it with scrambled eggs instead of poached (or soft boiled or whatever runny ick is traditional) and regular bacon instead of canadian. I'm just not a fan, of "real" Bennies, but my way they're awesome, and if I have that, then there's leftover hollandaise into which I can dip my
- Grilled Asparagus I was admittedly late to the "veggies are yummy" game, since I was a pretty picky eater as a kid. (Carrots, carrots all the time, with an occasional frozen pea for balance) But since I've discovered the gastronomic delight that is asparagus, I just can't get enough! Stinky pee be dammed!
- A perfectly cooked Filet Mignon. There is nothing in the world that is quite like a really good steak. Ruth's Chris, sure, but nothing will beat the amazing meal we had at Marché in 2005, which had the added bonus of being cooked by my brother-in-law, David. One of the traditional side dishes with a steak, and because I assume Jamie would be with me at this last meal,
- Creamed Spinach. It's one of Jamie's most favorite things, and I'm (slowly) coming around. I swear he could eat buckets of the stuff! I prefer my spinach raw in salad form, but if this is our last meal together, I want there to be something here for him too!
