What do you wish for when you see a shooting star, blow out birthday candles or toss a coin into a fountain?
I know there are some who will say that things won't come true if I say them out loud... I don't think that rule applies to blogs or to generalizations! I'm not actively doing any of the above listed activities at the moment, so I figure the statute of limitations will run out before I do any of those things.
And some of these aren't things I wish for any more, but used to in the past.
- World peace. Don't we all wish for that? Like as an afterthought after asking for all the other stuff. I'm pretty sure my seventh birthday wish went something like this: "A pony, a baby brother and the world's largest lollipop. And world peace. Amen"
- For Jamie to propose. This was my go-to wish from about early 2004 until late 2005, when it actually happened. We'd agreed that we were going to be together forever, I was just waiting on the formality of The Question. He strung (stringed?) me along for 50 weeks of 2005, semi-proposing after my sister's wedding (Jan. 8) but then not asking for official until Christmas Eve (Dec. 24, if you didn't know)
- A kidney, or just to have my health back. As long as you're wishing for things that are totally out of the realm of possibility, why not ask for the drama-free health I had prior to 2001, right?
- For whatever I'm craving in that moment to appear. Be it an amazing pair of boots, a fresh cup of coffee or tickets to a concert. The random things that come and go into and out of my life moment by moment... they don't matter in the long run, but it'd be *really* cool if they happened.
- For whatever thing is desired by someone I love. I have wished for new homes, jobs and babies, for friends and family. Sometimes, saying a prayer isn't enough, and physically doing something, even if it's just throwing a penny in a fountain, makes me feel like I'm being at least a little proactive.
- A million bazillion dollars. Let's be honest. It can't always be about world peace and babies for friends.
- The magic door. I've never actually wished for one, but I totally will the next time the opportunity arises! It's this power that Jamie came up with; it's a door that, whenever you open it, whatever you need is behind it. It's a gaming geek thing, but I'm totally gonna wish for my own amazing magic door.
