Blogging Challenge #11

For info on this challenge, check out this post!
Click here to see a complete list of the prompts.

What's a skill you don't possess that you wish you did? Is there anything you can do to gain that skill? Why haven't you done it?

There are lots of things I wish I could do; the first couple that come to mind are play the piano and knit. I've taken steps to learn how to knit (took a class at Joann's) but because it's a slow process when you're first learning, I haven't been able to get into it enough to get better. It's a viscious circle, really.
I don't do it because I'm not good at it, I'm not good at it because I don't do it!
The second thing, playing the piano, is tougher... I can play Chopsticks, and I can play the top half of "Heart and Soul," but that's the extent of my ivory tickling skills... I could get a little keyboard and a book and start learning, but I'm fully aware of my shortcomings in the patience department... as I look back now, at 32 years old, I wish my parents had MADE me take piano lessons as a child! I wish I'd been forced to play scales and practice exercised for hours on end, because I wish that I could sit down now and play a piece of sheet music.
It's hard now, because I really worry I'll force Max into lessons he hates, because I wish I'd had the opportunity; be it guitar, piano, martial arts or art classes, I need to always remind myself that I've had my childhood, and Max needs to have his! LOL

Next week's prompt: 4/27/10 Write a haiku! (Five syllables, seven syllables, five syllables)