Mr. Nakedface



Now that things are moving, they're going along at the speed of... at the speed of... well, something really fast!

Our last few days have been like this:
Wednesday, July 9: Max's nurse says "If you guys are gone when I get back from vacation..." This is the first time a medical professional has made a specific mention of him coming home.
Thursday, July 10: His nuclear med scans come back clear. "Would you guys be OK with taking him home on oxygen and a monitor? Maybe he could come home end of next week."
Friday, July 11: "Let's take that feeding tube out!" and then "Let's see how he does without that O2 cannula!" (Hence the photos above, of Mr. Nakedface, for the first time ever!)
Sunday, July 12: "I've heard rumors of Tuesday for homecoming... since he's doing so good off the oxygen! Oh yeah, he doesn't need to come on oxygen, by the way!"
to today:
Monday, July 14: "He doesn't need oxygen, he doesn't need a monitor, he passed his car seat test with flying colors. How's Wednesday?"

Yup.
Our Max is coming home on WEDNESDAY!
It's official!

We're going to "room in" tonight and start our discharge training; giving him his meds and such. Rooming in is us staying in our own room, off the NICU, for the night, just our family, like a "practice run" with the nurses available if needed.
So we room in tonight, finish our training tomorrow night and then arrive 9am on Wednesday morning for final discharge stuff and then we GO HOME!

That's all there is! We'll be home with our wireless, totally portable baby, for once and for all!

Jamie and I were totally blown away by the number of comments on my previous post... I knew there were people out there reading and praying for and thinking about us and Max, but I'm speechless (and if you know me...)

Thank you so, so much for everything.

I'll try not to get too caught up in baby gazing at home and post some pics of him where he belongs!

All our love,
Jamie & Lizz