Good days and bad days

Something I've already learned as a preemie mom... there are good days, and there are bad days, and there are in between days. We've been incredibly blessed in that we've only seen good days thus far.

The exciting news of today is that Max's bloated belly is due to an air bubble, not impacted poop, so he just needs a good fart to get things back to "regular" He received and digested 2 whole feedings today, so he'll soon be on his way, gaining weight and growing like the proverbial weed. (Which is good, because I'm not very good with actual houseplants!)

So we get a call every morning from the doctor (she's amazing and I couldn't have special ordered a better person to take care of our Max) and she updates us for the day, after she's made her rounds.

He's still the littlest guy in the room, making up for size with charm, he is almost back up to his birth weight, and is now at 2 lbs 2 oz, and his breathing is awesome.

But really, today wasn't a good day...



It was The Best Day.

(I got to hold my baby for the first time)