I have this amazing friend, Jen.
We have yet to meet; I have never given her a hug as a greeting. (Only about 60 hours until I do though!)
We met at 2Peas, and for some reason, clicked.
We shouldn't have.
We both live our lives based on totally different systems of belief.
She's a staunch Republican with a borderline crush on GWB. I'm, well, not.
We stand on complete opposite ends of the spectrum on many hotbutton issues, yet none of this seems to matter.
But it is also a significant part of the foundation of our friendship.
"Our" issues matter to each of us... we are both passionate about what we believe, and fight for those beliefs.
If she says something funny, when recounting the story to Jamie, it's "You know, Jen, my super-conservative friend!" LOL
And he knows who I'm talking about.
She has an incredible way with words, and can often move me to tears... if they're tears of sadness or of laughter, it depends on the subject.
I truly count her among my dearest friends; her unwaverring commitment is something I aspire to in my own life.
The thought of meeting her, of standing face to face with her (Literally! Woo hoo! She's tall!) thrills me to no end. I feel like I've known her forever, and getting to actually hang out with her is the perfect way to bring our friendship full circle.
Love you girl!